Monday, May 15, 2006

Recent Ponderings

Recent Ponderings


  • Recently I’ve been pondering over some things which always seem to get me into trouble. Most of the time I have more questions than I do answers. These are in no particular order or preference. Ponder with me if you will.

  • Why do so many evangelical, American Christians try to wrap Jesus in the flag, but ignore the fact that the largest growth in God’s Kingdom is coming from the Pacific Rim (Asian countries) South and Latin America? Scripture teaches that God transcends countries and cultures. He’s so much bigger than our country and world. Why do you suppose He’s blessing those countries in such alarming numbers, while American churches continue to raise funds for more buildings and church marketing campaigns? Ummmm! Before you write me on this one, you need to know that I proudly fly my flag on national holidays and throughout the year, I cry during July 4th firework displays, I am deeply indebted to every man or woman who has worn an American uniform, and regardless of their party affiliation the person in the Oval Office will always be Mr. President to me. And that could be Madame President in my lifetime.

  • I’m complaining about the inconvenience of high gas prices for both our cars and 180,000 people have died in the genocide and civil violence in Darfur and the Sudan! Now there’s perspective. Shame on me and my petty concerns!

  • Christ followers can disagree on unlawful immigration, but we cannot disagree on Jesus’ command that we love others as He has loved us. May we be known by our love in action, not our protests. Trust me I do have a personal opinion on this matter, but I have a higher calling as a Christ follower to love others. This is hard for me sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!PREACH ON, BROTHER!!