Thursday, March 11, 2010

Congratulations to my Butler Bulldogs















Go Dawgs! My beloved Butler Bulldogs sealed their ticket to the Big Dance by beating Wright State 70-45 in the Horizon League Tournament Championship Tuesday night at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse! Now I know my alma mater isn't in a powerhouse conference, but we are ranked 12th in the nation and have the longest winning streak in college basketball right now at 20. My Clemson friends are quick to point out that we lost to the Tigers by one point in an early pre-conference tournament.

The Dawgs are headed to the NCAA tournament for the fourth straight year! Pretty impressive for a school with just under 4,500 students.

Many folks know I'm a diehard University of Kentucky fan. I was born in Kentucky and raised on blue milk. I love the Cats and will cheer large and loud for them, but my first allegiance is to my alma mater. Now I'm hoping the selection commitee doesn't put the Bulldogs in the same region as the Cats! Go Dawgs and Go Cats :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And if the commitee in its infamous wisdom does pit the dogs against the cats, where does your allegiance lie? Hopefully for the Dogs. However, this may be a dog and cat fight that we do not have to see.

Your Butler Brother

Carl