Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rearview Reflections

A year ago I was recovering from abdominal surgery and awaiting the results of CT scans and blood work to determine whether, or not I had a form of lymphoma. I vividly remember when the oncologist called in late May to confirm there was no evidence of lymphoma! Lessons I learned from that experience?
  • Every day is a gift from God and there are no guarantees for tomorrow.
  • Redeem the time since it's so precious and fleeting.
  • God is indeed an "ever-present help in times of trouble".
  • Prayer is even more powerful than I previously believed.
  • I am a wealthy man: I am rich in family and friends.
  • God's Word speaks to every moment and situation in life.
  • Gratitude is the appropriate response to God's grace.
  • There are people far more deserving of being healed than me. I am undeserving and humbled.
  • Everyone has something they are struggling with, or battling. Be sensitive to it.
  • Get your blood pressure checked regularly. It saved my life!

No comments: