Sunday, March 24, 2013

Of Buckets and Memories

I've wanted to see an NCAA Men's Basketball Regional round for a long time.  Last week I got the opportunity to scratch it off the list when I saw my beloved Butler Bulldogs play Bucknell in the 2nd Round at Rupp Arena.  

It took on extra meaning because I was joined by my 81-year old father.  Dad passed on his passion for roundball to my sister and me.  We are b-ball nuts.  The man has been known to drive for miles in snow to see a local high school game.  He and Mom attend all the Lady Cats home games.  At one time he was a high school coach in West Kentucky.  

Seeing Butler play in historic Rupp Arena was an extra treat for us.  We won that first game, but lost over the weekend to Marquette in a back and forth dogfight.  Getting bounced from the Big Dance isn't even troublesome for me because I've got a memory that can never be taken away!  I want to thank Dad for the love of basketball and sportsmanship.  I want to thank our heavenly Father for allowing me the chance to redeem the time once more with my earthly father.  Thanks Dad's, I love you both!

No comments: