Monday, August 29, 2011

Sea Sickness Feeling

My new friend is hot, ginger tea. While my chemo comes with great anti- nausea meds it still doesn't totally cover the sea sickness feeling. I'm a coffeeholic, but I've cut way back on my java since chemo and have substituted more hot teas (ginger and green). I'm trying my best to avoid things that I really enjoy while on chemo so I don't risk creating a "bad memory" with the nausea.

Yesterday I was overcome with the love of our church family as I returned for the first time since my surgery in late July and my lymphoma diagnosis. I can't express the depth of our gratitude for the love these saints and sinners have lavished on us. Meals, cards, notes, texts, phone calls, driving me to chemo and sitting with me during the drip, and much more have been the tangible hands and feet of Jesus! I remain, overwhelmed, grateful, humble and broken. Labs on Thursday should give us a good idea where my blood counts are after last week's first round.


1 comment:

Robert Reeves said...

We're praying for you and your family, Monty! It is easy to see that the Lord is continuing to use you through this illness.

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
-- Deuteronomy 31:8