Thursday, December 01, 2011

God Help Her!

I don't even know the little girl in her jammies who was awaiting radiation after my treatment today. She was waiting with her grandmother who continually offered positive words of great love.

Her bald chemo head was covered with a beautiful purple sock cap. Her big brown eyes were filled with the fatigue of battling this dreadful disease. Yet, there was hope in her eyes.

I have to be honest. I could barely get in the stall to change into my clothes before shedding a tear. And by the time I got to my car I couldn't stop crying. God help the innocents who battle this dreadful disease. I'm more than halfway through this mortal life, but she has just begun. She couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 years old. And yet, there she sat, awaiting another treatment.

"Lord, today I humbly ask that you heal this little angel from heaven. Touch her body. Bring healing, comfort and strength. I confess that I don't understand why the innocents suffer, but I trust You, and I accept Your sovereign will. Grant her peace and a long life. Give her grandparents and parents energy, strength and grace as they continue to accompany her in this battle! Hold her as Jesus did when he chastised the disciples for keeping the children from coming to Him. Grant favor upon her little heart and life in Jesus name, Amen."

No comments: