Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Pre-Valentine Valentine's


Most people mark February 14th with candy, flowers, and dinner out with their spouse or partner. Nothing wrong with that. But for our family it has always been preceded by the life celebrations of my Mom and our son, Casey the day before. February 13th is their special day, when God smiled. For Casey this is #23 (yikes, I'm getting old!) and for Mom, well you never ask a lady her age!

Both Casey and Mom have had a huge impact on my life. Besides the obvious in terms of their DNA/blood impact, they are fun to be around, engaging, challenging, know how to laugh, appreciate people, politics, culture, the arts, great books, and both are tenaciously loyal to their family, practice unconditional love and genuinely care about others and the world around them. They have made me a better son, husband and father. Trust me that's still a work in progress.

Today we celebrate their birth and thank God for smiling in their respective birth years on the 13th of February! Happy Birthday Casey and Mom. Much Love!

No comments: