Thursday, September 01, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

Labor Day weekend we celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday! As a PK my Dad has served in many capacities in my life. Dad is, or has been my: buddy, mentor, teacher, coach, pastor, friend, father and listener. He has loved my Teri like his own daughter and both of our children have been drenched in "Gran Dad'" love their entire life.

I could fill this blog with attributes and stories about my Dad and his character, integrity, humility, and love.

As I look back on my 49 years of Dad's 80, I smile. Yes, a smile is what comes to mind first and foremost. Dad has always had an extraordinary sense of humor, even in the middle of pain. His trademark smile is distinct. His eyes twinkle when he's about to tell a joke and you just know he is getting tickled. He sees humor everywhere and he isn't afraid to laugh at himself.

This weekend we will spend time as a family remembering and recalling special times as a family and I guarantee we will laugh often. As we gather together this weekend we will embrace the wisdom writer's truth: "A cheerful heart is good medicine."
Happy birthday Dad!

No comments: