Monday, October 24, 2011

Stand Up To Cancer

Today we're rejoicing over the results of my PET scan. In my oncologist's words it was "normal". We were humbled and blown away with gratitude to God for His wonderful gift of modern medicine and healing. I still have another round of chemo this week followed by a period of recovery before beginning radiation therapy. There's still a long road to travel with years of ongoing scans and labs to monitor the disease, but this is indeed fabulous news! Recurrence of my form of NHL is most critical during the first two years of remission. My doctors will be vigilant as they keep an eye on it. We will not live with that fear, but will forge ahead knowing that no matter what happens God's purposes and glory are far more important than anything I have and could face in the future.

My joy was tempered when I walked through the waiting room only to see the faces of my fellow patients and warriors battling many forms of this ugly disease! Every single day in the United States 1,500 people die from cancer! 1 every minute! This is too many, but this is way too many given the explosion of growth in medical, biological, and technological research and science in the last 50 years. It's time to Stand Up to Cancer! Watch the video and see how you can help cut the red tape and expedite the pursuit of a cure for various forms of cancer.

I thank God for Dr. Edenfield (Cancer Center's of the Carolina's) and Dr's Levitan and Assimos at Wake Forest University Medical School. My life is better for knowing them. May God grant them rest in their hectic schedules and much joy as they treat and heal so many hurting people! The fight is NOT OVER, but our joy has doubled. Romans 12:12

1 comment:

Larry Brannin said...

God is GOOOOOD my Brother!